Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Remembering

I just remembered I have a blog. Ha. I haven't looked here for so long. Sorry....this should be more of a journal than of a purging experience... =)

What, haven't written in about 4 months? Means that things are good.. have been completely busy, out of town too. Went to Boston and Minneapolis at the beginning of August. Oh - minneapolis at the time of the bridge collapse that had the whole of the US checking their bridges! That was scary. Could have been worse tho...

Went to cape cod, martha's vineyard.. lovely places with real gingerbread houses... take a look!






Life of a scientist huh? since May I have written 4 grants. 1 to the BMRC, 1 to the NMRC, 1 to SIgN (who is meeting soon to discuss! Yikes). and 1 to the bioimaging/stem cell consortium. Have another that I have just put up to MOE, which has a good chance. Grants grants grants.. thats all I do .. write grants. I am thinking of submitting another to the Susan Komen Breast Cancer foundation - thats the one that does the Race for the Cure all around the US.

Sigh, even if i get money, I need to get good people to do the work! I have great people in the lab but they are all junior and don't have much to say really. Need post-docs. When i get the money I will put some ads in Nature and Science. Do you know how much those ads cost?? AT least $500 for a small one... that is just crazy. But if it gets good responses, I will definitely try. Keep your fingers and toes crossed that i get at least one of those 5 grants!!! Pleeease. Been telling people that if i don't get them, I'll just quit, get married and start having kids. Haha. That would be nice!

Daniel is lovely. =) 5 months since we started seeing each other a lot, 1 year since we first went out... I'm happy!

No comments: